Car2go is expanding to the Near East Side and the Beechwold area of Clintonville.
Tomorrow members can pick up and drop off rentals as far north as Morse Rd. and as far east as Nelson Rd.
In 2015, car2go shrunk their service area to eliminate Bexley and most of Clintonville so they could focus on a smaller area downtown where most of their business was located. They also downsized from 300 cars to 200. While the home area is returning to C-ville, Bexley is still out. Linden and Franklinton are car2go-less, as well.
But that doesn’t mean that Bexley, Franklinton, and Linden natives aren’t able to use the tiny rentable cars. Members can cruise out of the home area for as long as three days before the vehicle needs to be returned.
- Here are some other spots you can find or park a car2go:
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport
- Ohio State University Airport, Easton, Rev1 Ventures
- Whole Foods in Upper Arlington
- Central Ohio Transportation Authority’s Delawanda and Northern Lights park-and-ride lots.