Columbus is quickly becoming a production powerhouse, which means more demand for local talent. ACTION! is an event that will provide invaluable insight from industry experts for local thespians on Saturday, Feb. 25 from 4 pm to 6:30 pm at the Columbus College of Art & Design Screening Room.
The Greater Columbus Film Commission (Film Columbus) is sponsoring ACTION! The event will be held on the eve of the 89th Academy Awards and will feature casting directors, working actors, a producer/director, an agent and an acting coach for honest conversation about what it takes to be a professional actor. After the seminar ends at 6:30 pm, there will be a reception for additional opportunities to network.
This panel is open to adults and youth from all over Ohio and the surrounding area who are interested in acting. Minors aged 14 and up are welcome with written permission from (or accompanied by) a parent or guardian.
Moderated by Freelance Without Fear creator Havilland Maxwell, panelists include:
– Johanna McGinley, Actor; film and television actor currently appearing in the WGN series Outsiders
-Jon Osbeck, Actor; film, theatre and television actor most recently appearing in GOAT (James Franco and Nick Jonas) and A Kind of Murder (Jessica Biel and Patrick Wilson)
– Otis Winston, Actor; an actor for over 10 years working on such films as Independence Day Resurgence and Emmy-winning TV shows Empire and Chicago PD
– Lynn Meyers, Casting Director; member of the Casting Society of America casting for Hallmark, PBS, CBS, BBC, HBO, Paramount and MGM
– Jenny Deller, Producer/Director; Jenny’s multiple credits include recently producing Claire in Motion with Betsy Brandt (Breaking Bad)
– Richard Mason, Acting Coach; founder of Acting in Columbus and SAG-AFTRA member
– Peter Condopoulos, PCG Talent; providing national production companies with high-caliber talent for films starring Don Cheadle, Cate Blanchett, John Travolta and Nicole Kidman
– Karmen Dann, Casting Director; serving Central Ohio for clients around the country with experience in short film, commercial, and television
– Things every actor should have in their toolkit
– What producers and casting directors are looking for
– How to approach acting as a craft and grow your career
– Taking care of the business of acting
There are a limited number of seats available. Tickets are only $60, student tickets are $50 and parent/child duo is $100. Go here to register: http://bit.ly/actionactorspanel