For three days, jazz music and barbecued meat are king. This year marks the 38th annual Jazz & Rib Fest presented by Columbus Recreations and Parks Department. It’ll be held on July 21-23 along the Scioto Mile.
To name a few artists:
Friday, July 21
- Urban Jazz Coalition
- Kenny Garrett Quintet
- Dr. E
Saturday, July 22
- Jonathan Butler & Gerald Albright
- 496 West
Sunday, July 23
- The Right Now
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Miles Electric Band
And what would jazz music be without a perfect rib pairing from one of the 23 participants from all over the U.S. (plus Canada).
- Armadillo’s –Richfield, OH
- BBQ Masters – Stockbridge, GA
- Big Boned BBQ Co. – Ravenel, SC
- Butch’s BBQ –Mt. Laurel, NJ
- Carolina Rib King – Moore, SC
- Chicago BBQ Co. – Burr Ridge, IL
- Cowboy’s BBQ & Rib Co. – Weatherford, TX
- Jack on the Bone Rib Team – Massillon, OH
Columbus best sports teams will make appearances including those from the OSU Buckeyes, The Blue Jackets, and Crew SC.
The party is happening July 21 and 22 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and July 23 from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Click HERE for more information.