They say that not even the elusive Big Foot can find a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle Kentucky bourbon to wrap his hairy lips around and enjoy the smooth, sweet, spicy delicacy. But he doesn’t have 614now on his side…
It’s not going to be easy to get a bottle but it is possible. What you have to do is visit one of Ohio’s 465 state-licensed liquor stores from November 6- 17, get a ticket (only one per customer), and enter the info online, reports Columbus Business First. It’ll work like a lottery so if you end up with one of the golden tickets, you can go purchase some Pappy’s.
Here is what else we know:
- It will be released sometime in early November.
- The bottles range from $59.99- 269.99 though the company warns retailers tend to jack up the suggested price due to high demand.
- A website called pursuitofpappy.com published an article on October 18 saying that a bar in Willoughby, OH called Hook & Hoof New American Kitchen and Cocktail carries Pappy’s.
- “Yes that is true we are of the only places around to do,” Hook & Hoof said in a Facebook message. “We are out of the 15 year and the 12 year but we still have two bottles of the 10 year and we’re supposed to get more next week.”
- This bar is north of Cleveland so why not make the 2 hour and 30 minute drive up there for a Pappy’s cocktail to make the Browns game a little less painful
- According to the bourbon’s official website, the nearest retailers to Columbus that will carry Pappy’s are:
- DEP’s Fine Wine in Thomas, KY, (859) 743-0461
- Stadium Liquor Store in Covington, KY, (859) 431-1234
- Both are about 1 hour and 45 minutes away.
- Psst, Local Cantina has been known to get some in the past
Like the Pappy’s bids its website visitors, good luck finding a swig for yourself.