According to The Cleveland Plain Dealer, Ohio State Highway Patrol will start taking applications from men and women starting February 1.
The applicants must be:
- 20 to 34 years old (Cadets must must turn 21 prior to commission; Applicants must enter training prior to 35th birthday)
- Have a valid Ohio driver’s license with no more than 5 points on your record
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be a US citizen
- No worse than 20/100 in each eye correctable to 20/20 vision with normal color vision
- Hearing level shall not exceed 30 decibels of loss at any of the following frequencies: 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, 2000 Hz, & 3000 Hz in each ear.
- Be a resident of Ohio currently or by the time the 6-month training period ends
Even though the application won’t be posted until February, you can see application instructions now at statepatrol.ohio.gov/recruit.