Despite efforts to better accommodate bikes on the road—like separate lanes and HB154 which mandates drivers to maintain a three foot distance from bikes when passing in the same direction— it often times feels like bicyclists are living in a motorist’s world.
At many, many intersections around town, that is in fact true. Take, for example, the ten intersections listed below.
These are what the Mid Ohio Regional Planning Commission says are most dangerous intersections for bicyclists from 2012 to 2016:
- North High Street and Lane Avenue
- Summit Street and Chittenden Avenue
- West Broad Street and North Front Street
- Neil Avenue and 9th Avenue
- Summit Street and East 14th Avenue
- North High Street and East 7th Avenue
- North High Street and East 15th Avenue
- Maxtown Road and McCorkle Blvd.
- South High Street and Greenlawn Avenue
- North High Street and Nationwide Blvd.