A local distribution company is seeking to fill a full-time Accounting Clerk position. This position requires basic accounting skills, such as cash applications, account reconciliation, collection of delinquent accounts, and some accounts payables. This position also keep record and monitors time clock punches.
SUMMARY : The accounting clerk will perform various duties associated with the finance function, specifically related to accounts receivables and accounts payable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following:
- Cash Application
- Follow up with customers on differences between invoices and cash received
- Follow up with customers on past due balances, as directed
- bank reconciliation
Other assigned duties.
- Compares invoices against purchase orders and shipping and receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered
- Contact vendors or buyers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substitutions
- Maintains file of returnable items received from or returned to vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
2-3 years related experience in collections, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and customer service required; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
-Good PC skills are required .
-Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure required.
– A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
– Accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, good verbal and written communication skills required.
-Must be able to work under pressure and in a team environment required.
*This position is full-time and eligible for our company benefit package. Respond with a PDF file resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- collections: 2 years
- Accounting: 2 years