We’re looking for several full and part time host/hostesses! Great for someone with a customer service background, but looking to break into the restaurant business.
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Columbus we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Your daily responsibilities include:
– Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests and restaurant staff. Greets, and makes welcome, each guest entering restaurant
– Seats guests in restaurant as per specified rotation requirements
– Maintains proper seating and reservation documentation
– Monitors restaurant for table availability
– Keeps designated working area clean and organized, wipes and assists in maintaining cleanliness of dining room, including cashiering area, as necessary or required, in accordance with established health and safety standards
– Assists wait staff and bus persons in their duties (e.g., refill water glasses and coffee cups, helps pre-bus and bus tables, attend to guest needs) as necessary, or required
– Complete all assigned closing duties at end of shift
– Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas
– Thanks customers, invites them back, wishes them luck and makes it easy for them to get back in play
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
– Must be 18 years of age
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
– Excellent customer service/communication skills
– Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
– Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy
– Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
– Able to work in constricting areas
– Able to tolerate noise and bright lights
– Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
– Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 100 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.