MICRO CENTER is the nation’s leading computer and electronic device big box retailer! Our technology super store has an industry-leading 40,000+ selection of premier computer products and the most knowledgeable staff in the business. Micro Center has been ranked by one of the leading consumer advocacy magazines as a top walk-in store to purchase a PC based on merchandise selection, service and pricing. Work with us and help us on our mission to be the best computer and electronic device store in the world!
We are currently accepting applications for self-motivated, energetic and hardworking Seasonal Retail Associates to assist customers with a variety of computer and electronics purchases in our high-volume big box retail store. At this time, we are seeking full-time and part-time positions for the holidays, starting before Black Friday and ending in early January. There may be a possibility for ongoing employment at the end of the seasonal period. Micro Center features dedicated product departments to meet our customers’ needs, and your knowledge and skill level will be matched to the department where you can best serve our customers!
See descriptions of our Seasonal Opportunities below:
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATES:
- Greet customers and present credible product solutions based on customers’ needs; build repeat business through consultative solution selling and customer satisfaction
- Maintain product knowledge and participate in continued sales, vendor and product training
- Perform merchandising activities such as processing freight, creating displays and end caps, completing markdowns and price changes and maintaining visual merchandising standards within your Area of Responsibility (AOR)
RETAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE (CASHIER) ASSOCIATES:
- Provide superior service when assisting customers at the point of sale/checkout area; build repeat business through customer satisfaction
- Process outgoing merchandise by completing credit and cash transactions
- Obtain accurate name, address and email capture of Micro Center customers
- Execute the 18-minute Web Pick-Up processes and assist customers with carry out
- Process incoming and outgoing shipments (including pick-packs, backhauls, return-to-vendor merchandise, etc.)
- Assemble floor displays and re-sets
ALL SEASONAL ASSOCIATES are expected to:
- Maintain the department by ensuring a clean work area, conducting cycle counts and stocking and replenishing product
- Participate in open and close procedures
- Support store operations by maintaining loss prevention awareness
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Passion for computers and technology preferable, but at minimum baseline knowledge of the products and services sold throughout the store
- Ability to communicate professionally, handle multiple customers and relate to people with varying levels of technical expertise
- Sincere interest in helping customers and driving world-class customer experiences
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Physical requirements: lift up to 50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods of time
- Shifts include hours before and after the store is open to the public and may also include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous experience relative to the position of interest is preferred
BENEFITS & OTHER INFORMATION:
Micro Center offers competitive pay and an employee discount on merchandise for seasonal associates.
Micro Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment criminal background and substance abuse screening.