Star Lanes Polaris is a boutique experience–a mash up of bowling with high-end technology and plush amenities to create an upscale entertainment experience. The venue will offer guests state-of-the-art lanes, billiards, a bar, HD projection and LCD screens and more. Furthermore, Star Lanes boasts a party room with private bowling lanes and its own bar to accommodate private events such as meetings or bachelor(ette) parties. Star Lanes Polaris is the first of its kind to open in Greater Columbus.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIESThe Assistant General Manager’s duties include the following but are not limited to:
- Ensuring guest experience and satisfaction.
- Ensures the highest quality product that meets all Star Lane’s standards and our guest’s expectations.
- Oversees the recruitment and hiring of the venue team to Star Lane’s standards.
- Oversees in conjunction with the General Manager, the recruitment and hiring of the venue management team.
- Adheres to and maintains Star Lane’s training procedures and standards.
- Ensures that all team members are successfully trained.
- Oversees the ongoing training and development of the unit level management team members and has the ability to recognize individual’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintains an “Open Door” policy. Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals. Ensures daily shift meetings and communication secessions occur.
- Ensures a positive and creative work environment for all team members and management.
- Facilitates proper communication between all departments. Provides proper coaching and counseling to the venue team.
- Enforces responsible alcohol service management, practices and training.
The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager in all facets of the venue operation in regards to financial management, specifically:
- Participates in preparing annual budget
- Ensures that venue budgetary goals are meet
- Participates in developing long and short term plans for revenue growth and cost control increases
- Works in conjunction with the General Manager to build the business through community involvement, marketing and networking
- Ensures that Food and Beverage COS, Controllable expenses and labor costs are within budgetary guidelines
- Ensures systems are in place and adhered to for all cost controls and inventories
- Monitors labor cost and team member’s scheduling process to ensure budgetary goals are met while maintaining appropriate staffing levels to ensure quality guests experience
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed
- All financial reporting is produced in a timely, accurate and thorough manner that meets Star Lane’s accounting standards
- Oversees and participants in the physical inventory process
- Assists General Manger with the venue forecasting process
Venue Vibe and Ambience
- Responsible for the upkeep of the physical elements and atmosphere of the venue. Music, lighting, temperature, cleanliness, line of sight, repair and maintenance of the FFE, safety of guest and the team AND creating an exciting environment with joyful energy.
- Ensure that “Proven Programs” are in place and used to Star Lanes standards.
- Ensures that all Star Lanes marketing and promotional programs are implemented and executed to company standards.
- Quarterly Operating Plans are established and goals are met.
- Venue Inspections are at or above company standards. Substandard items are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Initiative /Action orientated
- Working relationships
- Accountability / Follow up
- Judgment / Analysis / Decisiveness
- Communication Skills (written / verbal)
- Development (self and subordinates)
- Entrepreneurial spirit / Creativity
A successful candidate would possess the following:
- High school diploma required, College preferred. Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years management experience in the Hospitality and / or Entertainment industry.
- Equivalent combination of the education and experience.
- Base knowledge of Legal and HR issues with regard to the hospitality industry. Federal, state and local laws regarding liquor, labor and health codes / statues.
- Computer literate.
Great! Please respond with your resume.
Star Lanes is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAPPLY NOW