We are seeking a talented Chef De Cuisine with a true passion and respect for amazing ingredients, proper technique, and meticulous mise en place. We are looking for people who are confident they can become an integral member of a team that values hard work and brings detail and care to every part of their day.
With a food program already in place, Black Radish Creamery in The North Market is looking for an eager personality to help us grow and take our food program to the next level. We are offering a very unique opportunity that will be amazing for the right person. Over the past few years we have built direct access to dozens of farms that grow the highest quality ingredients in central Ohio. As well we have a separate artisan cheese production facility with an additional commercial kitchen, located in Granville, OH.
It is our hope that the right fit will be with the company for a while and grow with us, possibly helping opening up other brick and mortar establishments in the coming years.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the foodservice culinary department within the guidelines established by the Company.
- Maintain budget in all financial areas – food, labor, operating costs. Maintaining accurate financial records. Forecast, plan, purchase, and receive for operating needs and supplies. Complete an accurate inventory each financial cycle.
- Menu Planning in a creative manner utilizing your culinary skill and experience in developing menus and utilizing the utmost in sustainable and organic products. Maintaining accurate food production records.
- Ensure all food preparation and cooking is of high quality and in a professional manner for each day’s menu utilizing any HACCP guidelines and procedures. Also including breakdown and cleanup of area, maintaining a sanitary/clean environment.
- Responsible for all catering functions (when applicable.) Receiving catering orders and coordinate service with individual customers; working with the customer for planning of the event, if necessary – ensuring accurate cost effective pricing Ensure preparation, delivery, display of hot and cold catering and/other foodstuffs are completed. Most catering will be done in tandem with company owner(also a trained chef.)
- Employee training and development to include but not limited to food quality and presentation, food safety, safety, customer service.
- Superior interpersonal skills leading your staff to the highest standards of hospitality within Black Radish Creamery.
- Knowledge and implementation of Local, State, and Federal Labor Law regulations
- Effective communication with employees, customers, and all levels of management in Black Radish Creamery.
- Fostering a never ending desire to grow, learn, and improve.
- Detailed oriented and ability to multi-task working independently with minimal direction
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- ServSafe Certified or ability to become ServSafe Certified
- Graduate of an accredited Culinary Institution, or 4 years in a professional kitchen
- Experience in operating a successful restaurant is a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
- Reports to Culinary Director/Owner