Lifeguards — Part-time ($11.98/hour) for the City of Worthington Department of Parks and Recreation – Community Center
Responsibilities include maintaining vigilance on the water while actively guarding, attendance in monthly staff trainings and light cleaning. Lifeguard CPR & First Aid certification is required and can be provided by WPRD to any staff needing new or updated certification.
For position questions, contact Aquatics Supervisor, Kevin Timmons at KTimmons@ci.worthington.oh.us
Download and complete a City of Worthington Application for Employment and contact Kevin Timmons if interested in applying
The City of Worthington may potentially provide lifeguard certification training to successful applicants.
The pre-requisites for lifeguard certifications are:
- Swim 300 continuous yards Front Crawl or Breaststroke (may use goggles)
- Tread water for two minutes with hands tucked under arms
- Swim 20 yards retrieve a 10 lb. brick from the bottom of the deep end bring it up and kick it back 20 yards with both hands holding the brick.
- This is a timed event that must be completed in 1 minute 40 seconds or less
- You may not use goggles for this timed event
The City of Worthington is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAPPLY NOW