614 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Assistant Editor
Entering its 21st year of business, 614 Media Group operates a family of local publications and websites that reach the very best consumers in Columbus. Our products are built to exceed expectations and creatively inspire our readers to get more out of our awesome city. Our family of products includes:
- (614) Magazine
- Stock & Barrel
- 1870 Magazine
- Restaurant Week
- Burger & Beer Week
Are you a stickler for detail?
We’re looking for someone with great attention to detail and a keen sense of wordsmitheree for our print and digital products. If you know anything about (614), you’ll know our style isn’t exactly AP. Wait, what’s AP? Our writers spin prose in a conversational tone so being comfortable with that sort of style is a must!
Desired skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must be:
- Motivated, Ambitious, Driven, Curious
- Creative. Able to create ideas from scratch, and also interpret other people’s ideas, or take in-progress projects and run with them
- An experienced writer and editor (Formal education isn’t required, but being able to bang out a story or edit a manuscript is.)
- Capable of leading and developing new writers
- Flexible team player
- Computer literate
- In love with this city
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision and life benefits
- Employer matching IRA program
- Awesome work environment where success is rewarded and celebrated
- Training, support and resources to ensure your success!
UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
Please submit your resume, writing sample, and a brief description (200 characters or less) for why you would be the best fit for this opportunity.