- Manages the people, product and equipment related to a specific zone of the restaurant to deliver the Mission and Promise.
- Models performance standards in all zones (primary responsibility is to direct and coach, secondary responsibility is to assist).
- Anticipates the needs of the guests at all access points.
- Takes personal responsibility and ownership for managing a zone to deliver Quality, Service and Prosperity.
- Ensures staffing levels are optimal during all volume periods.
- Manages food, labor and costs through training and coaching.
- Acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning and theft during shifts.
- Demonstrates and enforces operating norms such as uniform policies, timeliness, safety procedures, etc.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to hourly Associates
- Executes plans to improve team satisfaction based on Associate Survey and retention measurements.
- Knows, enforces and educates Associates on all applicable labor laws.
- Contributes to the team morale by displaying enthusiasm and commitment by word and action.
- Completes assigned shift paperwork
- Opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures.
- Trains and enforces correct cash control procedures.
- Uses proper security and verification procedures when handling deposits and safe contents.
- Interacts with guests enthusiastically
- Identifies and removes service barriers
- Ensures orders are delivered accurately.
- Consistently coaches Associates to exceed standards.
- Provides a service atmosphere by treating Associates as guests.
- Follows correct steps in resolving guest complaints.
- Displays caring and empathy for guests when resolving complaints.
- Effectively uses Donatos’ pre-shift and shift job aids and tools to ensure optimum product quality.
- Manages time/temperatures, critical standards and visual characteristics of raw and completed product in each zone.
- Manages dough and day dots to ensure the best quality.
- Properly executes, enforces and manages food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures Associates understand and follow the personal hygiene standards required by Donatos and the local Health Department.
- Seeks out and eliminates potential food safety violations and unsafe practices or conditions.
- Maintains proper inventory levels.
- Ensures all vendor orders are completed on a timely basis
- Assumes responsibility for inventory of all stocked items, vendor orders, and invoice processing.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work Experience:
- Knowledge of Donatos People Policies.
- Thorough knowledge of Operations Manual
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Dealing With Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Process Management – Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Able to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of this position, meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Outcome Based Performance Metrics
- (Insert 3 – 5 clearly measurable Outcome Based Performance Metrics written in SMART goal format to be utilized on Annual Performance Review for this position)
- Maintains Associate cross-training charts.
- Schedules cross-training as needed.
- Develops Associates for future needs.
- Indentifies high potential individuals with Certified Hourly Shift Manager potential.