Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Columbus we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Takes food and drink orders, communicates with bartender, assists in the preparation of drinks and presents drinks to guests
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests and restaurant staff
- Engages in friendly conversations with guest whenever possible
- Provides personalized service and uses guest’s name during all interactions. Greets each guest entering restaurant
- Operates a cash register/POS System, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge and complimentary sales according to established procedure; maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities
- Keeps designated working area clean and organized, and assists in maintaining cleanliness of dining room, including host stand area, as necessary or required, in accordance with established health and safety standards
- Recognizes players and relays that information to the host/hostess and/or other restaurant team members to ensure they receive the appropriate service
- Knows and promotes current property events and promotions
- Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed according to guidelines
- Thanks customers, invites them back, wishes them luck
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Must be 19 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Count money and change correctly
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Able to work in constricting areas
- Able to tolerate noise and bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 35 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we’re about!
Equal Opportunity Employer