A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Columbus we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Work with Executive Chefs to develop/oversee plans for controlling budgeted food and labor costs
- Ensure interactions with internal and external guests follow the guidelines of the “Red Carpet Customer Service” Program
- Assists with menu development: present new ideas and create kitchen organization for successful execution
- Demonstrate a commitment to freshly prepared foods and superior food quality
- Assists with the proper storage and rotation of all food items
- Performs routine self-inspections of operations, looks for compliance with health department and quality standards
- Assists with the training and development of culinary staff, both sous chef and team members
- Trains, enforces, cleans, and acts with personal attention to kitchen sanitation
- Assists with food cuttings on new products, and include, executive chef, food and beverage director and purchasing
- Develop working knowledge of all food outlets, menu preparation as well as presentation
- Maintain high levels of safety awareness and ongoing safety training
- Insure that all kitchen equipment is in working order
- Assists with the development of recipes, cooking procedures and food presentation
- Compile information, complete and submit reports as needed.
- Interview, select and train new team members.
- Review, adjust and administer working schedules of team members.
- Assign and apportion work to be done among team members.
- Plan work processes and determine effective techniques or processes to be used by team members in the course of business.
- Supervise and manage the work processes or procedures of team members.
- Conduct individual or group pre-shift meetings with team members and provide daily positive feedback.
- Understand and adhere to disciplinary policies including but not limited to counseling team members and the use of progressive discipline to modify poor performance.
- Administration of disciplinary action including but not limited to warnings, suspensions and recommendations of termination.
- Address and manage complaints, grievances or concerns from team members.
- Effectively use, administer and manage rewards and recognition for front line team members.
- Review the performance, productivity and efficiency of team members including but not limited to periodic evaluations.
- Recommend or oppose the change in status of team members including but not limited to changes from full time to part time, promotions, and transfers.
- Provide for the safety of team members, including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter and performing all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Develop, maintain and manage training programs.
- Handle customer complaints and support all customer service programs.
- Support, implement, administer and manage standards of excellence among team members.
- Understand and adhere to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
- Make determinations regarding types of materials, supplies, or tools to be used.Supervise and manage attendance and time records of team members.
- Effectively manage departmental expenses.
- Effectively and efficiently manage labor costs and staffing objectives while achieving guest satisfaction.
- Protect and preserve assets of the company.
- Understand and adhere to all bargaining unit agreements.
- Meet grooming and appearance requirements.
- Meet attendance guidelines.
- Comply with all reasonable requests made by management.
- Able to directly supervise a shift of 15 team members, indirectly oversee two outlets containing 40 team members combined, and lead four sous chefs.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities: Visioning, Decisive
- Judgment, Leading Change, Business Acumen, driving for Results, Guest Focus, Integrity, Resilience, Leading Teams, Coaching and Developing Others, and Relationship Management.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- 5+ years’ experience in high volume kitchen
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts and perform mathematical functions applicable to business needs.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs, and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in vary work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we’re about!