Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Columbus we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
The Leadership Excellence at Penn National Gaming program is designed for college graduates who are interested in building a long term career in the Marketing -gaming industry and delivering the world class experience our customers expect from us. We value the addition of new energy, talent and expertise into our organization. This 18 month program has been developed to mold Penn’s leaders of tomorrow and continue our company’s success well into the future. Our program will provide hands-on-training, mentoring and real world experience which will provide you the necessary tools to be successful at Penn in the Marketing field.
The program is 18 months overall with 6 months of the program consisting of CORE rotations that include working in various departments of the casino/operations and administration to gain an understanding of day to day operations necessary to support the overall organization. This experience is valuable as you move into the next phase of the program because it provides a foundation of knowledge that will be assist you in understanding how all the various areas fit together to make the property function.
CORE Rotations with time spent in each functional area including: Hospitality, Culinary, Gaming & Non-Gaming Operations, Marketing, Finance and Human Resources.
The final 12 month CONCENTRATION Rotation of the program will be in your selected career path. During these 12 months you will receive a structured plan regarding your rotations throughout the area which is designed to provide you with in depth understanding of all aspects in the Marketing – Gaming Industry.
Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Participates in entire 18 month program at respective property.
- Spends 6 months of the program working in CORE rotations, which include, but not limited to, Human Resources, Finance, Operations, and Compliance at respective property.
- Spends 12 months of the program in Marketing and performs job duties relevant to the specific department’s role assignment.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Performs job duties relevant to rotations which include, but are not limited to, front of house and back of house functions, to include hotel, gourmet, and casual dining outlets as applicable.
- Adheres to rotation schedule as assigned by mentor/property.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B,S,) from four-year college or university in related field – Preferrably inHospitality, Tourism or in Marketing.
- Must be willing to relocate.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a gaming license in respective jurisdiction.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations, ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written).
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Must obtain a First Aid/AED certification. Must successfully complete C.A.R.E or TIPS training.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving history as determined by Penn National Gaming’s auto insurance carrier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.