Don’t just work. Work Happy.
HOLLYWOOD CASINO IS THE ONLY PLACE TO PLAY ACTION-PACKED TABLE GAMES IN COLUMBUS, OH
We’re serious about big-time action offering 70+ world-class table games. Beginners and seasoned players alike enjoy the unparalleled excitement that can only be found when you’re doubling down, rolling a 7, or letting it ride on red or black.
NOW, it’s your turn to learn the skills necessary to deliver this experience and BECOME A TABLES GAMES DEALER! Apply today to enroll in our next class focusing on the Blackjack game.
DEALER SCHOOL GAME: Blackjack
START DATE: Monday, October 2, 2017 - November 10, 2017
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 11:00am - 3:00pm
COURSE LENGTH: 6 Weeks – Regular attendance is mandatory
GRADUATION: Upon successful completion of this Blackjack training, you will have the opportunity to audition. Once you pass your audition, you will be invited to join our talented team of Table Games Dealers! (Graduation from Dealer School does not guarantee employment)
DEALER COMPENSATION & POSITIONS: Dealer school is unpaid. Once employment is gained, you will be offered an hourly wage plus tips – On average in 2016, Dealers earned between $23.00 - $25.00/hour. Part-time positions with varying shifts will be available.
GROWTH OPPORTUNITY: Hollywood Casino Columbus is committed to the growth and development of its Team Members. As you master your skill set, you will have the opportunity to learn new games and take on more responsibility.
TO ENROLL: Interested applicants should complete an application before September 24, 2017 . Invitations will be extended to attend our group interview session shortly after. Please note you must successfully pass a short math test.
Your daily responsibilities include:
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF DEALER SCHOOL, CANDIDATES WILL:
- Provide accurate and efficient dealing at assigned table game
- Follow game procedures when dealing Blackjack and any other form or variation of table games
- Provide prompt, courteous and accurate dealing at assigned table(s)
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures and state regulations as it relates to this position
- Perform accurate chip and cash transactions
- Receive wagers from customers and pays the appropriate game outcomes
- Maintain game security and protects company assets at all times
- Assist customers in understanding the rules and ensures adherence to established policies and procedures
- Enthusiastically support, actively promote and demonstrate superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Possess a High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must successfully pass a group interview and complete a math test
- Employment requires the successful completion of a drug and background check AND qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform mathematical computations when determining winners and losers and collecting and paying out bets
- Must possess good manual dexterity for quick and accurate handling of chips, cards and money
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers and guests in fast-paced environment
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and mobility to move easily around pit area as well as entire property for entire shift
- Six months experience in customer service field preferred
- Must be fast and accurate in handling cash
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues with excellent peripheral vision
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds and air quality
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces