Bridge Credit Union is accepting applications from enthusiastic, friendly individuals who are dedicated to helping members achieve their financial goals and dreams. We are a fast growing, progressive financial institution based in Columbus, OH and are looking to complete our team by filling an open Collections Specialist position.
This position has a high level of member contact and communication, and must be able to project a professional image.
- Perform loss mitigation and recovery activities regarding delinquent or charged-off accounts in accordance with credit union and legal guidelines, including related state and federal regulations.
- Counsels members on strategies to improve their financial situation.
- Conduct outbound collection calling and give guidance on non-routine situations.
- Ensure attainment of individual, department and credit union wide goals to minimize loss and enhance recovery.
- Perform collection activities for multiple products, utilizing various systems and methods.
- Participate in the early, mid or late stages of the collection process to include loss mitigation, foreclosures, repossessions, pre charge off, charge off, recovery, bankruptcy and agency liaison collections.
- Directly impacts the mitigation and recovery of credit union losses.
- Performs a variety of routine daily tasks, including reviewing reports, and preparing correspondences.
- Protects member information and preserves confidentiality of all data.
- Other duties as assigned by area supervisor.
- Prior collection experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Good communication skills that show sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Professional image
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must work well independently and within a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and hear average or normal conversations.
- Movements frequently and regularly required using wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Average visual acuity necessary.
- Ability to stand for extended lengths of time and exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
Interested candidates may email their cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to HR at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may fax this information to 614-466-5118.
Bridge Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides an attractive benefits package with a competitive salary.