We are seeking a collaborative, detail-oriented and organized communication specialist to manage our communications/messaging plan as a member of our in-house marketing department. This position includes coordinating, producing, editing and distributing various forms of content for marketing and business development purposes. The content will align with corporate marketing goals and may be distributed via press releases, published articles, blogs, newsletters, proposals, website and social media channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage public relations including working with consulting PR firm/s, and coordinating press releases, published articles, media requests and interviews
• Manage our communications strategy; assist in its development and evolution
• Coordinate and write content for press releases, blogs, monthly newsletters, award submittals and proposals
• Engage and maintain relationships with local media outlets
• Work with technical staff to obtain content and then translate technical verbiage into a marketing-oriented message
• Coordinate speaking engagements and assist in writing and submitting speaker proposals
• Manage M+A social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
• Maintain and update marketing calendar with scheduled content and analytics
• Assist in creating and updating staff bios, project descriptions and other content for proposals
• Maintain and update M+A website with newly created content
• Maintain and update the company intranet with internal communications
This new team member should:
• Enjoy writing and have excellent written and verbal communication skills including copyediting and proofreading
• Be able to appropriately tailor a message to fit various distribution channels and audiences
• Have an understanding of marketing's role in a B2B organization
• Have a strong attention to detail
• Be able to efficiently multi-task and make best use of their time in a deadline driven environment
• Has powerful interpersonal skills with the ability to be responsive and persuasive
• Find architecture and interior design interesting
• Have a bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, journalism, English, or other related field
• Preferably with 3-5 years of experience producing written content for an organization either in a corporate or agency setting
Why choose M+A? Because we’re different, in a good way.
M+A Architects has a great office culture and offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based bonuses, and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We are a design leader in Central Ohio with a broad range portfolio of project types.
Qualified candidates please apply by sending a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Communication Specialist.