Customer Service Representative
Are you looking for an entry-level position to begin a successful career in the health care industry? Are you a people-person with a passion for pleasing others? Health Care Logistics is searching for team-oriented, yet internally driven individuals with a positive, ready-to-learn attitude to be trained as Customer Service Representatives.
We have combined a casual and fun work environment with solid success and growth to become an ideal place to develop your career. Complete customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do, and we treat our employees the same great way we treat our customers. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes paid holidays, weekends off, and full time benefits after 60 days, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, company matched 401(k), and more!
Let your talents shine in a thriving, family-owned company where your individual contributions can make a difference!
Position Title: Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Company: Health Care Logistics, Inc.
Division: Sales Marketing
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Sales Operations Supervisors / Assistant Team Leaders
Location: Galloway or Circleville
Position Type: Regular, Full Time
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Work Hours: 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM, Monday - Friday
(8:00 AM – 4:30 PM for the first month of on-site training)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
The general purpose of the CSR (Customer Service Representative) is to handle inbound communication to Health Care Logistics. This includes receiving phone calls, faxes, emails, and instant messages regarding products, services, customer orders, and customer concerns. The CSR is responsible for receiving order information from customers, accurately recording this information, and processing the information to ensure that their order is correctly delivered in a timely manner. The CSR also initiates and implements corrective action as needed to coordinate the handling of difficult or unique situations in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. The nature of this position also requires contact with company staff who support the ordering, delivery and billing process.
• Receive customer calls, faxes, emails, and instant messages.
• Receive, process, and verify the accuracy of orders from customers using company software.
• Open accounts for customers by creating new records in database.
• Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
• Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about products, services, or estimates of shipping costs.
• Recommend potential products or services to customers by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
• Solicit sales by cross selling and upselling products to customers, introducing monthly specials, and providing customers with the opportunity to receive sample promotional items.
• Process outbound calls to market product sales such as sample products, open orders, lead follow – up, etc.
• Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, and dispositions, recording details of inquiries, situations, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
• Communicate customer needs, grievances, and situations to the appropriate departments and/or managers for further investigation.
• Troubleshoot work-related problems by sharing new ideas with other team members and supervisors.
• Track the disposition of customer deliveries.
• Initiate required action for response to customer service requests for order changes, including the maintenance of order/customer information files and communicate changes to the appropriate personnel/departments.
• Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging or returning merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
• Write a hand written thank you note to customers who order over $1,000 on an order.
• Maintain a friendly and positive attitude when communicating with customers in order to ensure high quality service.
• Attend computer and customer process training.
• Attend team meetings to discuss departmental issues.
• Recommend office equipment repairs.
• Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following ergonomic guidelines.
• Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Qualified candidates should apply if they possess:
• A minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
• 1-2 years of experience in customer service, sales, retail, hospitality, or other positions related to the service industry.
• A necessary level of skill in reading comprehension to understand and locate information in work related documents.
• Strongly developed capacities in written and oral communication to effectively convey and receive information to and from others.
• Acceptable finger dexterity to perform data entry at a productive rate of speed.
• The ability to work well with others to satisfy a client or resolve an issue.
• A strong service orientation and knowledge of principles and processes for providing high levels of customer service.
• The ability to effectively handle multiple work tasks simultaneously.
• Exceptional time management skills and punctuality.
• A practical understanding of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office applications as well as other word processing and communication software.
• Thorough knowledge of customer order processing and marketing procedures.
• A good understanding of products and product details such as specifications, uses, and prices.
• The ability to maintain consistent and high levels of inbound calls, customer orders, and customer satisfaction ratings as defined by management.
• Full time availability and reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires that an individual is capable of:
• Frequently using hands and fingers to reach, handle, grab, and type.
• Remaining seated for extended periods.
• Occasionally standing, twisting, bending, kneeling, and squatting.
• Seeing details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Communicating information and ideas clearly so others can understand.
• Listening and understanding information and ideas presented through words, phrases, and sentences.
• Remaining focused while working in a moderately distracting and somewhat noisy call center / office environment (in close proximity of other individuals who are typing and speaking on the telephone).
About Health Care Logistics
Since 1978, Health Care Logistics has been a health care industry leader specializing in manufacturing, packaging and distributing unique and hard-to-find products. Complete customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do.
HCL guarantees an unmatched inventory of unique and hard-to-find items that includes compounding and dispensing products, infection prevention supplies and unit dose packaging materials, as well as many other lines. We stock more than 8,000 products from 22 unique lines.
Health Care Logistics also offers small package quantities, free samples and ship most orders the same day. Our hassle-free return policy allows you to return any product, at any time, for any reason.
We've spent more than 30 years tailoring our products and services to the needs of our customers. If we don’t carry the product you're looking for, we will find it for you at no extra charge.