General Summary: The Corporate FP&A Financial Analyst supports 4 roles: Hyperion Planning administrator, Corporate FP&A analyst, IT Finance project accountant, and Commercial Expansion Financial analyst.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Hyperion Planning Administrator
· Manage weekly projection process through Hyperion Planning
· Administer changes to outline, dimensions, and hierarchy in Hyperion Planning
· Create a weekly Projection packet that identifies changes to Projection from week to week. Prepare all projection related materials and reporting, and consolidate projection-related analysis from functional partners for distribution to senior leadership.
Corporate FP&A analyst
· Facilitate annual budget process
· Support the creation of the Long Range Plan
· Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and document business cases. Hindsight project performance utilizing net present value of cash flows, ROI, and payback period.
· Coordinate the preparation of earnings support materials on a quarterly basis for key stakeholders.
· Other Ad Hoc Analysis, such as Strategic Initiatives and New Business Development/M&A
IT Finance project accountant
· Create a process for tracking both capital and expense items by Project
· Create Reporting for Project variance to Budget
· Develop Project forecast method
· Facilitate creation of annual Budget, both Expense and Capital
· Monitor IT Capex expenses, to ensure Projects remain on Budget, including review of PO requests
Commercial Expansion financial analyst
· Develop analyses to facilitate discussions around expansion initiatives
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Minimum of 2 years work experience in a fast paced environment in an analytical capacity (retail experience preferred). Proven analytical and quantitative skills
· Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills. Proficient in PowerPoint and Word.
· Executive level communication skills, both written and verbal
· Lives the DSW Values of passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility
· Takes initiative and is curious, driven, flexible/adaptable. Detail oriented.
· Conducts responsibilities with urgency and a high level of accountability. Ability to produce fast, error-free work with a critical eye for detail
· At least 2 years experience in a financial planning & analysis, consulting, external accounting or strategic planning
· Experience with Hyperion planning is a plus
· Prior experience with the retail method of accounting is valued but not required
· Undergraduate majors preferred: Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics. Analytical undergraduate degree required.
At the core of DSW Inc. is DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, the destination for fabulous brands at a great value every single day. With thousands of shoes for women and men in over 500 stores nationwide, DSW is all about the thrill of finding the perfect shoe at the perfect price. A huge assortment of handbags and accessories also adds to the breathtaking assortment DSW is known for. For an even bigger selection, Shoe Lovers can shop anytime at dsw.com (where kids' shoes are ready and waiting!), making it crazy-convenient to explore all the fashion that DSW has to offer. To top it all off, DSW Rewards means shopping comes with perks-members earn points toward $10 Rewards certificates every time they shop.
At DSW Inc., we're focused on spreading shoe love and providing the best shoe shopping experience possible—and that doesn't stop with our own stores. Through the Affiliated Business Group (ABG), we partner with other retailers to help build and optimize their footwear businesses. From supplying product to supporting in-store experiences and beyond, DSW helps these partners create a more complete fashion experience—all through the lens of DSW's expertise.