Hollywood is searching for a Housekeeping professional looking to make the jump to a supervisor position!
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily supervision to staff in the department on designated shift. Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for supporting compliance to departmental budgets.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Assists with oversight of the day-to-day cleaning of the Casino property.
- Keeps accurate inventory of supplies and equipment; communicates supply needs to manager in a timely manner.
- Inspects completed work to ensure work is completed and meets established standards.
- Responsible for ensuring OSHA standards are followed.
- Responsible for reporting property damage or any problems to manager in a timely manner.
- Assists in providing distribution of work assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diplomas or GED is required; Bachelors’ degree preferred; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to perform the physical job duties of all EVS team members in times of emergencies.
- Must be able to operate all standard EVS equipment, including, but not limited to: vacuum cleaners, floor machines, carpet extractors, computer, copy machine, mop, broom, and hand held radio operation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides coaching and counseling to team members.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Must obtain a First Aid/AED certification. Must successfully complete TIPS training.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving history as determined by Penn National Gaming’s auto insurance carrier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
About Hollywood Casino Columbus
A new Hollywood star is now open in Columbus, Ohio. Join us for the area’s only Vegas-style casino with unparalleled amenities from fabulous dining to magnificent nightlife.
Enter a world of the hottest gaming action featuring over 2,200 blockbuster slots, over 70 big-time table games, and 36 tables of live poker. Discover non-stop entertainment and sporting action on our endless big screens in H Lounge, featuring the latest sounds, coolest cocktails and the hottest bands.
Take a break from winning and experience a variety of delectable entrees of fine dining at Final Cut Steak & Seafood to never-ending delicious options at Epic Buffet. No matter when you’re hungry, our Take 2 Grill serves the freshest sandwiches, burgers, and pastries 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Here at Hollywood Casino Columbus, we mean business. Whether its 40 guests or 400, let our state-of-the-art, 10,000 square foot meeting and event space and our experienced staff help you plan an unforgettable event.
Whether you are looking to dine like star or play famously, our energetic team members are ready to provide you with service that’s strictly A-list.
So what are you waiting for? Come win happily ever after with us!