Millwright Maintenance Technician
Utilize predictive and preventative maintenance techniques to maintain process equipment such as various types of pumps, motors, compressors, gear boxes, chillers, and conveyors in an industrial, food grade, chemical processing environment. Oversee facility equipment installation, repairs, and troubleshooting efforts of rotating equipment to ensure plant reliability by reducing downtime based upon equipment failures.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Safely perform the installation, maintenance and repair of the rotating machinery to ensure reliable plant operations in an industrial food grade chemical manufacturing facility.
- Utilize analytic computer software and test equipment to perform routine maintenance tasks such as Vibration Analysis, Ultrasonic Leak Detection, Laser Alignment, Metal Thickness Testing.
- Align machines and equipment utilizing hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs or other precision measurement equipment.
- Experience in the interpretation of technical manuals, drawings and specifications, including layouts, blueprints and schematics.
- Ensure equipment installations meet plant mechanical installation standards.
- Employ sound troubleshooting methods to diagnose problems, troubleshoot and analyze faulty equipment utilized in the manufacture of a food grade product.
- Ability to perform limited instructional duties and maintain satisfactory working relations with other employees.
- Perform welding for fabrication and modification of process equipment bases, brackets, stands.
Job and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Must have one or more of the below
- Minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience in a production facility with focus rotating equipment and mechanical systems.
- Possess a certificate of completion from an Industrial Machinery Mechanic or Millwright (Mechanical) registered apprenticeship program
- Specialized training dealing with pumps, motor, sealing systems
- Be highly motivated and possess the ability to work both independently and in a group
- Possess good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
- Possess good interpersonal skills in communication, listening, and good safety practices.
- Identify practices and equipment that might be improved and increase reliability and/or decrease cost to the organization.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, work from heights, including platforms and motorized lift equipment, and to work outside during all seasons
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
About Arboris, LLC
Arboris® was formed in 2001. After construction of a greenfield, world class state-of-the art plant, Arboris began commercial operations in 2004.
Arboris was formed to deliver a value proposition that resonates with customers: “The Long Term, Stable, Dependable and Cost-Effective supply of the highest quality sterol products.”
Arboris is uniquely positioned to deliver this value proposition because of its ample, cost-stable and long term supply of raw material; its state-of-the-art technology; and its manufacturing scale and customer alliances, all of which collectively establish a stable economic model.
“Leverage proprietary technology and team with strategic partners to enable the availability of unique compounds derived from natural sources for the improvement of human health and lifestyle”
Arboris is the world’s leading producer of sterols, with manufacturing plants in Savannah, Georgia and Newark, Ohio. Both plants embody advanced process technology and state-of-the-art equipment and controls. Highly qualified and experienced operators and technicians operate both facilities.