Product Acquisition Representative
REPORTS TO: Director of Food Resource Development
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: The Product Acquisition Representative is responsible for meeting with regular, potential and lapsed donors to solicit product donations.
- Secure increased donated grocery products from local product donors including but not limited to manufacturers, distributors, retailers and hospitality industry
- Conduct donor research, cultivation, enrollment, and ongoing stewardship
- Collects food industry information and identifies potential donors for non-perishable food, salvage, produce, and prepared/perishable food
- Works with Director of Food Resource Development to develop consistent strategies for prospect tracking
- Coordinate donor recognition efforts including regular thank you letters and yearly recognition awards
- Participates in strategy and planning with Director of Food Resource Development to ensure that donor cultivation efforts are well-coordinated, executed and tracked so that the database can serve as a strong cultivation tool for the department
- Responsible for onboarding new agencies and retailers that want to participate in the Direct Retail Pick Up Program
- Maintain and build upon relationships with current and future stakeholders participating in the Direct Retail Pick Up Program
- Responsible for reviewing agency donation receipting
- Joins and participates in organizations and associations to build relationships with food industry partners and business community members
- Responds to special needs/requirements of donors
- Participates in MOF activities as needed
- Participates in special projects and other duties as requested
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education and Certifications: Associates degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid Driver's License.
Experience: At least three years of experience in customer service, business development, donor solicitation, procurement or similar role. Food industry, sales and public speaking knowledge. Proficiency in Windows based computer software; good skills required in Excel, Word and database management programs.
Skills/Competencies: Ability to develop strategic relationships with stakeholders. Must have excellent oral/written communication skills. Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision. Must represent Mid-Ohio Foodbank with professionalism when interacting with donor agencies and partners.
Working Conditions Must work in changing climate temperatures. Must be able to travel within network 90% of the time. Reliable transportation is required.
ADA The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination
About Mid-Ohio Foodbank
2016 marks the 36th anniversary of the Mid-Ohio Foodbank. Although we distributed just 205,200 pounds of food in our first year, our organization now handles more than 66.5 million pounds annually. Through our agency partnerships, we provide more than 149,164 meals every day to hungry people across central and eastern Ohio.
WHAT WE DO
As a member of the nation’s largest non-governmental, domestic hunger relief organization, Feeding America, our goal is to ensure that hungry people have access to food in their greatest times of need.
To end hunger one nourishing meal at a time and to co-create a sustainable community where everyone thrives.