Sports Bar Chef
We're looking for our next Room Chef in our Sports Bar! Our ideal candidate has 5 years experience leading a high volume kitchen. Apply today!
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Work with Executive Chefs to develop/oversee plans for controlling budgeted food and labor costs
- Assists with menu development: present new ideas and create kitchen organization for successful execution
- Demonstrate a commitment to freshly prepared foods and superior food quality
- Assists with the proper storage and rotation of all food items
- Performs routine self-inspections of operations, looks for compliance with health department and quality standards
- Assists with the training and development of culinary staff, both sous chef and team members
- Trains, enforces, cleans, and acts with personal attention to kitchen sanitation
- Assists with food cuttings on new products, and include, executive chef, food and beverage director and purchasing
- Develop working knowledge of all food outlets, menu preparation as well as presentation
- Maintain high levels of safety awareness and on going safety training
- Insure that all kitchen equipment is in working order
- Assists with the development of recipes, cooking procedures and food presentation
- Compile information, complete and submit reports as needed.
- Interview, select and train new team members.
- Review, adjust and administer working schedules of team members.
- Assign and apportion work to be done among team members.
- Plan work processes and determine effective techniques or processes to be used by team members in the course of business.
- Supervise and manage the work processes or procedures of team members.
- Conduct individual or group pre-shift meetings with team members and provide daily positive feedback.
- Understand and adhere to disciplinary policies including but not limited to counseling team members and the use of progressive discipline to modify poor performance.
- Administration of disciplinary action including but not limited to warnings, suspensions and recommendations of termination.
- Address and manage complaints, grievances or concerns from team members.
- Effectively use, administer and manage rewards and recognition for front line team members.
- Review the performance, productivity and efficiency of team members including but not limited to periodic evaluations.
- Recommend or oppose the change in status of team members including but not limited to changes from full time to part time, promotions, and transfers.
- Provide for the safety of team members, including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter and performing all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Develop, maintain and manage training programs.
- Handle customer complaints and support all customer service programs.
- Support, implement, administer and manage standards of excellence among team members.
- Understand and adhere to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
- Make determinations regarding types of materials, supplies, or tools to be used.
- Supervise and manage attendance and time records of team members.
- Effectively manage departmental expenses.
- Effectively and efficiently manage labor costs and staffing objectives while achieving guest satisfaction.
- Protect and preserve assets of the company.
- Understand and adhere to all bargaining unit agreements.
- Meet grooming and appearance requirements.
- Meet attendance guidelines.
- Comply with all reasonable requests made by management.
- Able to directly supervise a shift of 15 team members, indirectly oversee two outlets containing 40 team members combined, and lead four sous chefs.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities: Visioning, Decisive Judgment, Leading Change, Business Acumen, Driving for Results, Guest Focus, Integrity, Resilience, Leading Teams, Coaching and Developing Others, and Relationship Management.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- 5+ years' experience in high volume kitchen
- Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must enjoy hosting others
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs, and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in vary work areas such as confined spaces
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
About Hollywood Casino Columbus
A new Hollywood star is now open in Columbus, Ohio. Join us for the area’s only Vegas-style casino with unparalleled amenities from fabulous dining to magnificent nightlife.
Enter a world of the hottest gaming action featuring over 2,200 blockbuster slots, over 70 big-time table games, and 36 tables of live poker. Discover non-stop entertainment and sporting action on our endless big screens in H Lounge, featuring the latest sounds, coolest cocktails and the hottest bands.
Take a break from winning and experience a variety of delectable entrees of fine dining at Final Cut Steak & Seafood to never-ending delicious options at Epic Buffet. No matter when you’re hungry, our Take 2 Grill serves the freshest sandwiches, burgers, and pastries 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Here at Hollywood Casino Columbus, we mean business. Whether its 40 guests or 400, let our state-of-the-art, 10,000 square foot meeting and event space and our experienced staff help you plan an unforgettable event.
Whether you are looking to dine like star or play famously, our energetic team members are ready to provide you with service that’s strictly A-list.
So what are you waiting for? Come win happily ever after with us!