Sports Bar Cook
We're searching for an experienced line cook for our high volume sports bar - Apply today!!
- Ability to perform assigned function within the kitchen such as broiler, sauté, pantry, prep and production when needed.
- Accepts direction during day to day operations to ensure culinary standards and operational guidelines within a specific outlet for a specific shift including kitchen areas, food preparation activities and facilities are met.
- Efficient preparation of all food related items based on established recipes and plating procedures for both batch and individual plated with attention to maintaining appropriate volume, quality, cleanliness and attractiveness.
- Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and stem kettles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and stems meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that food is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food and serving plates, adds sauces, and garnishes serving to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (nonslip footwear, knife handling, and proper lifting).
- Partners with culinary leadership to work as a team to ensure coordinated work flow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with and have exposure to prep list.
- Take inventories.
- Must complete county health department class and attain certification.
- Exhibit knife skills, classic cuts and sharpening.
- Provide stellar customer service to internal and external customers and vendors including participation in and promotion of customer service programs to continuously improve customer service.
- Assist in operation of other food and beverage venues as needed.
- Attend all departmental and company training programs or meetings as directed.
- Compile information, complete and submit reports as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all gaming laws and regulations.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris, and litter.
- Meet department uniform, appearance, and grooming requirements.
- Any job duty needed to promote productivity in the efficient administration of business or any reasonable request made by your supervisor or management personnel.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Prior experience in high volume kitchen
- Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for menu planning, soups, sauces, meat and seafood items for batch or individual recipes.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication, must be fluent and literate in English
- College degree or Culinary Arts degree preferred or a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Hollywood Casino Columbus
A new Hollywood star is now open in Columbus, Ohio. Join us for the area’s only Vegas-style casino with unparalleled amenities from fabulous dining to magnificent nightlife.
Enter a world of the hottest gaming action featuring over 2,200 blockbuster slots, over 70 big-time table games, and 36 tables of live poker. Discover non-stop entertainment and sporting action on our endless big screens in H Lounge, featuring the latest sounds, coolest cocktails and the hottest bands.
Take a break from winning and experience a variety of delectable entrees of fine dining at Final Cut Steak & Seafood to never-ending delicious options at Epic Buffet. No matter when you’re hungry, our Take 2 Grill serves the freshest sandwiches, burgers, and pastries 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Here at Hollywood Casino Columbus, we mean business. Whether its 40 guests or 400, let our state-of-the-art, 10,000 square foot meeting and event space and our experienced staff help you plan an unforgettable event.
Whether you are looking to dine like star or play famously, our energetic team members are ready to provide you with service that’s strictly A-list.
So what are you waiting for? Come win happily ever after with us!