Who are we trying to impress? Can we put an official embargo on any rankings for the city of Columbus?
In a Realtor.com ranking — we’re #8 for making friends? What? Why?
According to the reasoning, it’s because of our abundance of, “bars, churches and social clubs.” Not to mention our library system and “funky Studio 35.”
Further breaking down the justification — the site’s “data analysts” poured over a 2013 Study on social interaction potential.
They measured the ability to make a friend easily as:
- Number of bars, bookstores, and gyms
- Church congregations per 100,000 adults
- Percentage of single adults
- “Service clubs” (e.g., Rotary and Kiwanis clubs) per 100,000 adults
- Number of libraries
- Number of individuals participating in Meetup groups
- Percentage of adults involved in volunteer work