Connect with us

News

OSU Stadium Dedicates an Empty Chair to POW/MIAs

614now Staff

Published

on

The military affects the lives of many, many students and buckeye fans everywhere, and now Ohio State has initiated a touching way to remember those that fought for our country but never came back home.

Just in time for the game this Saturday, OSU unveiled a 2-year long project to dedicate an empty seat to POW/MIAs, according to NBC4i.  Placed in the Horseshoe right where the band enters the stadium, this seat will serve not only to the OSU community, but to everyone with a veteran or military member in their family.

Mike Carrell, director of the Office of Military and Veterans’ Services at The Ohio State University, said to NBC4i, “It’s a chair that nobody will ever sit in until the last POW comes home.”

The OSU student who came up with the idea, Brianne Szymanski, said she wanted to find a better way to honor those who have served but never came back.

What do you think about this chair? What does it mean to you? Share with us in the comments.

Continue Reading

News

Gahanna student facing prison time for triple-fatal crash near Easton

614now Staff

Published

on

An 18-year-old Gahanna Lincoln High School student is facing a 17-year prison sentence after causing a car crash near Easton in October that resulted in three fatalities.

Kobie Marquise Stillwell was driving an Audi A6 at 116 mph when he collided with a Toyota Camry at the intersection of Morse and Sunbury roads near Easton Town Center on October 12.

Two people in the Camry were killed: Kumari Biswakarma (driver), 40, of the Northeast Side, and her 24-year-old daughter Anju Biswakarma, reports The Dispatch. Kumari's 22-year-old daughter, Srijana Biswakarma, was hospitalized with severe injuries.

JaShawn Scott, 17, who was a passenger in the Audi 6 and Stillwell's football teammate, was pronounced dead at the hospital following the crash. A second passenger in the Audi was also injured.

Additionally an AK-47 was recovered from the Audi after the fatal accident.

A $25,000 bond was set at Stillwell's arraignment Wednesday. If convicted of the three counts of aggravated vehicular homicide and one count of vehicular assault, with attached firearm specifications, he could be sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Continue Reading

News

Les Wexner steps down from L brands as Victoria’s Secret sells to private buyer

614now Staff

Published

on

10TV and L Brands have confirmed news first reported by the New York Times that Les Wexner will step down as chairman and CEO of the company.

Changes also include the private equity firm Sycamore Partners taking a 55% interest in Victoria's Secret, with L Brands retaining the remaining 45% stake.

"[Wexner] turned Victoria’s Secret into the world’s most recognizable lingerie brand before facing serious questions about his leadership based on the company’s internal culture and his relationship with the disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein," reports The Times.

Though stepping down as CEO, Wexner is expected to remain on the L Brands board and retain stakes in both Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works.

Continue Reading

News

Missing 14-year-old girl last seen on Columbus’ west side

614now Staff

Published

on

Columbus Police are searching for Megan Brumfield, a 14-year-old girl who went missing from the city's west side on Tuesday.

Police say Brumfield was last seen near North Harris Avenue and Ridge Avenue. She is described as 5 feet 1 inch, 110 pounds, blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information about the girl's whereabouts should contact the Columbus Division of Police at 614-645-4624.

https://www.facebook.com/WTTEFOX28/posts/10158003234011575
Continue Reading

No mo’ FOMO

Missing out sucks. That's why our daily email is so important. You'll be up-to-date on the latest happenings and things to do in Cbus + be the first to snag our daily giveaways

Shop Now!

The Magazines

X