Photo courtesy of The Chronicle Herald
Chris Holtmann wasted no time laying down the law with his new subjects on the Ohio State men’s basketball team. He’s suspended a redshirt freshman for “failure to meet team expectations.” Holtmann used forward Derek Funderburk as an example to show the rest of the team how he expects his ship to be ran now that he’s captain.
Funderburk, of Lakewood, OH, has four more eligibility. He redshirted in 2016-2017.
Holtmann’s eight year deal with Ohio State is worth $3 million per season. But let us not forget about the buckets full of perks that go with it. Here are just a few:
- 20,000 bonus for leading the Buckeyes to a Big Ten regular season championship or co-championship
- $40,000 bonus for making the NCAA Tournament
- $100,000 bonus for winning a national championship
- $150,000 bonus if his team has a 3.5 or better Grade Point Average
- $1,200 per month to use toward two cars
- An allotted 20 hours of personal use per year for private jet
- 12 tickets and parking passes to each Ohio State home football game
- Membership at a golf course mutually agreed upon by both parties
BROUGHT TO YOU BY