Finance at Abercrombie & Fitch seeks to optimize the financial and operational performance of our brands. Associates in our Finance function are highly valued business partners, providing actionable insights, maintaining focus on internal controls, and appropriately managing risk.
The Home Office Accounting Operations Team is responsible for all company brands worldwide. The Team includes Sales Audit, Real Estate Accounting, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Payroll Accounting & Inventory Control departments. The Real Estate Accounting Analyst position is responsible for financial processes related to store occupancy expenses, from payment approval to general ledger account reconciliation & reporting. The successful candidate will need a mix of accounting, finance & operational skills.
What will you be doing?
- Opportunity in a department that is in charge of auditing & minimizing landlord expenses, as well as budgeting & forecasting by-store occupancy for all brands worldwide
- Attention to detail required to consistently accomplish time sensitive responsibilities, such annual budget & forecast, statutory & consolidated auditor interactions
- Analytical & critical thought process necessary for daily operational problem solving, ad hoc requests, journal entry & general ledger review
- Project involvement with newly issued Lease Accounting Standards (ASC 842 & IFRS 16); role would include working through technical accounting & determining operational procedure changes
- Direct partner to RE Finance, Legal, Dealmakers, Financial Reporting, External Accounting; ability to understand different perspectives & priorities necessary
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 1+ year of relevant business experience (public accounting, audit, corporate real estate, financial operations)
- Self-starter – able to independently learn, work & plan to drive projects to successful conclusion
- Organized with the ability to multi-task & problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent business communication skills for interaction with people at various levels of the organization
- General accounting concept knowledge
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- ERP and Hyperion knowledge a plus
- Real Estate Lease Management System knowledge a plus
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER Â© ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. 2012
- Marketing & Advertising
- Computer Software