Req #: 82448
Location Name: Home Office, Columbus
At DSW, we believe in the power of shoes. We understand shoes bring out something great from within, and since 1991 we’ve been helping everyone feel the rush of finding that perfect pair. So when you work for DSW, you become a part of all that. A family whose core values are comprised of passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility. You become one of us, You become a Shoe Lover!
Must Possess The Ability To
The Graphic Designer is responsible for delighting customers by creating engaging, and exciting visual content and experiences as they relate to marketing deliverables; responsible for conceptualizing and developing creative solutions that meet business objectives in a timely manner. Reports to Brand Art Director. No direct reports.
- Collaborate with team members to deliver creative solutions that meet business objectives
- Collaborate with Design/Art Director to ensure creative solution meet business objectives and brand standards
- Ability to combine strategy, design, and creative content
- Ability to design creative from concept to delivery
- Manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand customer experience
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards and trends
- 1+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of success
- Proven conceptual and design abilities
- Must be a shoe lover!
- Excellent layout and design skills with an understanding of type and imagery along with color composition
- Possess an understanding in related creative tracks: design, development, and content strategy
- Expected to easily function independently and collaboratively, bringing fresh thinking, an open mind and a strong work ethic to the team environment
- Must demonstrate a sophisticated level of craft and inventiveness throughout work, from simple projects to the more complex, and across multiple disciplines
- Creativity, versatility and an eye for detail are key attributes
- Ability to create a distinct visual hierarchy of various elements
- Ability to clearly articulate creative ideas and concepts and present those ideas in a compelling and persuasive manner
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate attitude for the customer
- Alignment to DSW vision and core values
- Strong knowledge of and proficient in: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree required in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Design Planning; Graphic Design
DSW believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against any protected class including race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (defined as genetic information or impairments related to cancer), ancestry, marital status, family care leave, military and veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or based on any protected category under federal, state, or local laws. DSW also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and associates with disabilities unless doing so creates an undue hardship, in accordance with all legal requirements. Any applicant requiring a reasonable accommodation during the application process or applicant who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job should request for accommodations by asking to speak with a Store Manager, District Manager, and Regional Manager, or by contacting Human Resources at HR-DSW@dswinc.com . DSW will work with the individual to attempt to identify a reasonable accommodation that will not impose an undue hardship on DSW.