Merry new Hilliard library eve!
Tomorrow, June 21, Columbus Metropolitan Library will open its brand new Hilliard Branch to the public.
The new library and largest of all the CML branches, located at 4500 Hickory Chase Way, will feature:
- Interactive children’s area with more space for programs and areas for children to read, study and use computers
- Ready for Kindergarten area where preschoolers and their families can prepare for kindergarten
- Stroller parking conveniently located on the 1st floor near the children’s area
- Tween and teen areas with computers, study space and comfortable seating
- Larger Homework Help Center where students can get free after-school help
- Three large meeting rooms and 11 individual/small group study rooms for the community to gather and meet
- Kerr’s Café operated by the Public Perk, which sells coffee, donuts, snacks and lunch items
- Multiple seating areas including a quiet room and a three-season pavilion
- A robust collection to meet the community’s needs
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
CML will hold a brief dedication ceremony beginning at 3:30pm to be followed by a ribbon-cutting ceremony, refreshments, music, entertainment, and an opportunity for the public to explore Hilliard’s new library digs from 4- 6pm.
Visitors can also sign up for a commemorative library card and register for a chance to win an eReader.
The event is free and open to all.