Columbus, OH 43212
We opened our first eatery in Syracuse in May of 2015. We are all people who have been in the food & restaurant business for a lot of years. We’re as passionate as ever. But, as we all watched things move toward convenience and away from the whole foods that our bodies really need, we saw a “real” opportunity. What if there were a place that sought out the best foods available and then prepared those foods right there instead of having a truck deliver pre-prepared foods full of all kinds of who-knows what? What if a great bowl of greens & grains could be topped with dressings that were whole carrots and fresh herbs just minutes before? What if we simmered bone broth and vegetable broth every night in each eatery? What if grass-fed steak, all-natural chicken and fresh tofu were being grilled right there too, where the customer could see it? Why should it be so hard for someone to find food that tastes really great, without feeling like they have to give up their health to get it? In fact – what if it actually powered their lives? Those kinds of questions all get answered here. We think that kind of a place is more than a restaurant… that kind of a place is CoreLife!
Team members must be energetic and willing to always learn new things. They must be willing to engage their customers and educate them on the benefits of eating healthy. A team member will walk the customer through the ordering process and ensure that the end product and visit are both a positive and enjoyable experience.
This position is responsible for greeting each customer and starting the order process. Initiate interaction with the customer, offer menu suggestions and describe each bowl if asked. Make customers aware that some of our products contain soy and tree nuts. The starter position team member must be able to:
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items. Be specific by bowl name and describe what is in each bowl. Discuss possible allergens and ask if the customer has any allergies.
- Identify the main 8 food allergies and proper procedure for handling guests with allergies.
- Identify possible cross contamination issues to avoid.
- Identify hold times for the different foods, use proper documentation for those holding times.
- Specify when additional charges may be applied if the guest substitutes product.
- Demonstrate proper handwashing and changing gloves.
- When not busy, they must assist at other positions where management deems appropriate.
- Replenish food items when they become low.
- Opens and closes the station correctly and efficiently. Station is kept clean at all times.
- Age Requirement: All employees must be at least 16 years of age and possess all
documents and permits required by federal and state law.
- Education & Experience: Previous eatery employment experience is helpful, but not
- Other: All positions require long periods of standing without break. Lifting, reaching,
bending and certain weight loads. At times you may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Dependability: It is necessary that all team members arrive at work on time
for their scheduled shifts.
- Availability: All team members must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and
- Cooperation: All employees must have a “team work” attitude and be able to contribute
to the efficient operation of the shift.
- In most cases, it is desirable for a team member to be trained in multiple positions. Each Employee must be able to execute his/her position with speed and accuracy to ensure our customers are served in a timely manner.
- Engage the customer with eye contact and an energetic smile as they enter the eatery. All team members must understand and demonstrate good customer relations when dealing with customers.
- It is imperative that all CoreLife Eatery team members are fluent and comfortable with
the following areas of our food and procedures:
o Best sanitation practices
o Food sensitivities and allergen handling
o Menu builds and ingredient specifics including key nutritional facts
o Handling guest requests and/or special requests