Dear Third Street drivers, we hope you enjoyed the Interstate 70 ramp while you could because now, it’s gone forever.
As of Monday, November 25 at 9am, the Third Street ramp to I-70 east in Downtown is permanently as part of ODOT’s project to improve I-70/71.
The ramp must close to make way for a new exit ramp from I-70 east to Parsons Avenue, reports ODOT, which is expected to open next month. The Parsons Avenue ramp will replace the 18th Street exit ramp, which will also close permanently in December.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
When the project is complete in 2021, another new ramp from Fulton Street will restore access to I-70 east. In the meantime, downtown drivers headed east will have to use alternate routes. See below for suggestions from ODOT:
From German Village:
- East on Livingston Ave. to Kelton Ave. OR to Alum Creek Dr. to I-70 east
From the Brewery District:
- South on High St. to west on Greenlawn Ave. to I-71 north to I-70 east
From Olde Towne East:
- East on Main St. to Miller Ave. OR to Alum Creek Dr. to I-70 east
From the Arena District:
- West on Spring St./Dublin Rd. to SR 315 south to I-70 east
- West on Spring St. to Neil Ave. to I-670 east (to I-71 south to I-70 east)
To see a rendering of the project once all phases are complete, click here.