In the immortal words of iconic musical duo LMFAO, “party rock is in the house tonight. Everybody just have a good time.”
Unfortunately, a “good time” took a turn for the worse during a party at an AirBNB in Columbus’ Marion Village neighborhood over the weekend.
According to a report on NBC4i.com, neighbors of the AirBNB called police several times late Saturday night and early Sunday morning, as it seemed a party taking place in the residence was getting “out of control.”
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
The neighborly apprehensions were proven correct when this rager turned into a full-blown shootout. It was only after shots were fired that police responded at the scene.
According to Columbus police, one man was shot in the incident. He was taken to Grant Medical Center and is in stable condition.
According to reports from the scene, there is still some trash left in the yard from Saturday’s party, along with visible bullet holes in the house.
UPDATE: In light of the incident described in this piece, a representative of Air BnB reached out to (614) with the following statement, as well as a detailed description of some of their company policies:
“The reported behavior is appalling and violates everything our Columbus community represents. We’ve removed this listing as well as the booking guest from our platform as we investigate, and we stand ready to support Columbus PD. Our thoughts are with the victim and the Merion Village neighbors.
- Background Checks and Watch Lists: While no background check system is infallible, we screen all hosts and guests globally against regulatory, terrorist, and sanctions watch lists. For United States residents, we also run background checks looking for prior felony convictions, sex offender registrations, and significant misdemeanors. We are working with additional governments around the world to identify where we can do more background checks.
- 24/7 Global Response & Assistance: In the rare event that any issue should arise, Airbnb’s global Customer Service and Trust and Safety teams are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 11 different languages to help make things right with rebooking assistance, as well as refunds, reimbursements, and support programs like our Host Guarantee and Host Protection Insurance. If, for instance, you arrive at a listing and it’s not as advertised, all you need to do is reach out to our team and we are here to help.
- Host Guarantee: Hosts are protected by our Million Dollar Host Guarantee, which covers listings for up to $1,000,000 USD in damage — and it’s free for all hosts and every single booking.
- Insurance: Our Host Protection Insurance provides home sharing hosts with additional protection against third party claims of property damage or bodily injury up to $1,000,000 USD.
- Neighbor Tool: We want to do everything we can to help our community members be good neighbors in the places they call home, which is why we launched our Neighbor Tool. Anyone can go to airbnb.com/neighbors to share specific concerns they might have about a listing in their community. Hosting is a big responsibility and those who fail to meet our standards and expectations will be subject to suspension or removal.”