Construction is a necessary evil, but being late is not. To avoid wrenches in your plans this weekend, heed these two “major roadway” closures this weekend.
Beginning 7pm on Friday, February 22, West Third under the CSX rail line and W 5th Ave. between Olentangy River Rd and Perry St. will close.
Both will reopen at 5am on Monday, February 25.
Detour signs will get put in place redirecting traffic during the demolition.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
Per Pavingtheway.org, the project will facilitate traffic flow, improve safety, and provide pedestrian and bicyclist accommodations with the following improvements:
- Widening and reconstructing the roadway
- Constructing a new two-span railroad bridge
- Building curbs, Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant curb ramps (ADA), sidewalks and a shared-use path
- Upgrading street lights, signs and underground cables for traffic signals
- Planting street trees and landscaping
- Installation of new traffic signals at:
- Edgehill Road and W. 3rd Avenue
- Edgehill Road and W. 5th Avenue
Completion of the project is slated for late summer.