Sports fans and music lovers alike will soon be shelling out extra dough at Columbus box offices.
Starting Monday, July 1, ticket sales in the city’s entertainment venues and museums are subject to a new 5 percent tax.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
The tax was approved by a unanimous vote by Columbus City Council in December. Some of the funds generated by the tax will be used to help fund local arts programs.
One of the biggest venues affected by the tax, Nationwide Arena, will use 80 percent of funds collected to pay for building repairs. The remaining 20 percent will go towards helping the Columbus arts community.