Tired of being bombarded with political opinions on your way to the grocery store? Sick of feeling obligated to ask, “So, how long have you been an Uber driver?” when all you want to do is scroll through Instagram? Longing to sit in silence in the backseat of a stranger’s car you hailed from the internet? Do you just want to sleep?
We know Uber drivers are only being polite and friendly, but sometimes, you just need quiet.
You need “Quiet Mode.”
Uber has finally rolled out a feature that allows riders to request minimal conversation during rides. Instead of fake laughing and politely nodding your way through a ride, hoping the driver takes the hint, you can simply select the “Quiet preferred” option. There are also options for “Happy to chat” and “No preference.”
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
Instead of rudely smashing the “Quiet Mode” button mid-ride, this distinction can only be made before users request the Uber. A few other new options riders can select prior to hailing a vehicle include:
- Help with Luggage: let your driver know an extra pair of hands is needed for your luggage.
- Temperature Control: communicate your optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended Pickup Period: riders will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up.
- Premium Support: access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to be made right.
- Professionalism: ride with confidence knowing that your professional, commercially-licensed driver is at the top of his or her game.
- Consistent Vehicle Quality: expect the same kinds of rides, every time, with consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors.
Here’s the catch: these luxury “Rider Preferences” only come with Uber Black and Uber Black SUV premium rides, though. Are you willing to drop the extra dough to control the conversation during your next Uber ride?