Get excited Columbus foodies - this Saturday marks the beginning of North Market’s Farmers’ Market season! The Farmers’ Market will tantalize your taste buds every Saturday this summer through October, from 8 a.m. until noon at the North Market outdoor plaza at 59 Spruce Street.
During the coronavirus pandemic, North Market provided customers with fresh pick-up bundles. Now they’ve updated their operating hours to give consumers who want to shop again a chance to pick their own culinary delights.
"The hope is that a gradual reopening will strike a balance between the desire to serve the public and still respect the very real health concerns still shared by merchants, public, and staff," said Rick Harrison Wolfe, North Market's executive director, in a press release Thursday.
The updated hours, which will go into effect this Sat., June 6, are as follows:
- Monday - Tuesday: closed
- Wednesday - Friday, Sunday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
All of those in attendance will have to observe the following guidelines as outlined in a press release by North Market:
- North Market's mask requirement that applies to indoor merchants and guests will also apply to all outdoor vendors and guests.
- Access to each farmers' market booth will be limited. Markings on ground will indicate this requirement and will show the distance required between people. Only one person/group traveling together may be in each box at a time.
- Several farms and vendors will offer contact-free shopping and pre-orders. North Market asks that guests pre-order and plan out shopping trips when possible. This helps keep crowds to a minimum and lines moving smoothly.
- Farms and vendors will provide hand sanitizer for guest use.
- North Market farms and vendors are committed to helping prevent the spread of illness by washing hands frequently, covering coughs/sneezes, staying home when sick, and avoiding exposure to others who are sick. We ask that all guests follow the same protocols and do not visit North Market or the Farmers' Market if feeling ill.
- North Market farms and vendors will continue to strictly follow all local public health guidelines, safety protocols, and best practices.
If you’re interested in which merchants will be open on what days, North Market has been dedicated to providing you with that information during the pandemic. You can find the list, which is updated daily, here.
Although there are still limitations on indoor seating, outdoor seating on the porch and the farmers’ market plaza are currently available.