It was a bummer to hear that Red, White & BOOM would be canceled and changed to a virtual format for 2020. However, that shouldn’t stop you from celebrating in a somewhat traditional sense. Even with one of the biggest fireworks celebrations put on hold, there’s still plenty to do around Columbus, fireworks or no fireworks.
We here at (614) know that given the modern-day circumstances, people have the choice to celebrate in whatever way they feel most comfortable. Below you can find three ways to celebrate–Local 4th of July events; Red, White & BOOM alternatives; and places where you can legally celebrate yourself.
THINGS TO DO ON JULY 4TH
Fourth of July Fireworks
When: July 4 at 10 p.m.
Where: Watch from home
When: July 4
Where: Watch from home
Fourth of July Activities
When: Various start times
Where: Dublin neighborhoods
When: June 26 through July 4
Where: Any Dublin pond
Fourth of July Parades
When: July 4 at 6 until 9 p.m.
Where: Your front yard
When: July 4 at noon
Where: Northbridge Ln., Columbus, OH 43235
When: July 4 at 10 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Where: Church of the Resurrection, 6300 E Dublin Granville Rd., New Albany, OH 43054
Other Fourth of July Events
When: July 3 from 6 until 11 p.m.
Where: Zoombezi Bay, 10101 Riverside Dr., Powell, OH 43065
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
HOW TO CELEBRATE WITH RED, WHITE & BOOM
Red, White & BOOM was gearing up for its 40th anniversary before COVID-19 shut the mass gathering down. However, the beloved Columbus fireworks show will be hosting a virtual event over the first four days of July. The virtual campaign will air on NBC4.
Here are some of the events that will take place:
- Highlighting the best Red, White & BOOM stories
- Stories from local veterans inducted into the Ford Oval of Honor
- Broadcasting the best Red, White & BOOM fireworks over the show’s 39-year history
- Looking back on the tradition of parades honoring veterans
HOW TO TAKE CELEBRATING INTO YOUR OWN HANDS
We here at (614) also know that setting off fireworks yourself is illegal. We also know that buying them within the state is legal (OK?).
So here is a list of places around Columbus you can buy fireworks from. What you do from there is up to you, but we advise you to stay within the law:
- Phantom Fireworks of Kirkersville – 10442 Baltimore Rd SW, Millersport, OH 43046
- Phantom Fireworks of Bloomingburg – 12973 OH-38 NE, Bloomingburg, OH 43106
- Hamburg Fireworks Display Inc. – 2240 Hornsmill Rd SE, Lancaster, OH 43130
- Prism Fireworks – 400 State Rt. 61, Marengo, OH 43334
- Chillicothe Fireworks – 2068 Hospital Rd, Chillicothe, OH 45601
- J&G Fireworks – 10682 Camp Ohio Rd #9717, Utica, OH 43080