Cedar Point, Kings Island, Hollywood Casino, and other Ohio entertainment facilities have won the fight to get you back in their facilities this summer.
On Friday, Gov. Mike DeWine provided an update on the reopening of entertainment venues – specifically casinos, racinos, amusement parks, and water parks – following a lawsuit filed Thursday against the Ohio Department of Health by Kings Island and Cedar Point parent companies.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
Amusement parks, casinos, and water parks were not included in the original order.
Here is what we know about some of those venues in the Columbus area and when they plan on reopening again:
- Eldorado Scioto Downs – the racino will reopen on Fri., June 19
- Hollywood Casino – pending regulatory approval, the casino will reopen on Fri., June 19
- Zoombezi Bay – the water park will reopen to season passholders and gold members from June 19-21 and will reopen to all guests beginning Mon., June 22
- Cedar Point – the park will reopen to 2020 Cedar Point season, gold, and platinum passholders from July 9-10 and will reopen to Cedar Point Resorts guests and those who pre-purchased tickets beginning July 11
- Kings Island – the park will reopen to season passholders from July 2-11 and will reopen to daily ticketholders beginning July 12