Despite efforts to expand and encourage alternative modes of transportation, America remains a global leader when it comes to driving. And evidently, Ohio is a leader for car dependency in the U.S.
According to a new study done by comparecarinsurance.com, Ohio is the 12th most-dependent state on driving in the country.
Here is a summary of the data for the Ohio:
- Average annual miles per driver: 12,702
- Average annual miles per vehicle: 11,074
- Share of workers who commute by car: 90.6%
- Share of workers in households with 2+ vehicles: 77.5%
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
For reference, here are the statistics for the entire United States:
- Average annual miles per driver: 11,621
- Average annual miles per vehicle: 11,131
- Share of workers who commute by car: 85.3%
- Share of workers in households with 2+ vehicles: 75.6%
For more information, a detailed methodology, and complete results, check out the full report.