The Columbus City Council has voted to pull liquor permits for 25 establishments that have a history of violent crime and police intervention. In the past three years, the Columbus City Attorney’s Office has objected to the renewal of liquor permits for 30 establishments.
One such establishment is Schrock Tavern, who is also one of the 25 bars on Columbus City Council’s radar. Police were called to Schrock Tavern nearly 140 times this year and the violence rose this weekend when police kicked a group out of the bar for fighting. Moments later, a man was shot and killed in the parking lot. The owner of the bar is working at making the bar safer and has security and police officers working inside the bar.
The city is looking to pull Schrock Tavern’s liquor permit and has also said that the bar is charged with selling alcohol to underage drinkers. If the bar looses its liquor permit, it likely won’t be able to stay in business, prosectors say.
The city is planning to objections to the liquor license renewals at the following businesses:
- 3C Plus Foodmart, 1790 Morse Road
- Al’s Market, 224 Reeb Ave.
- Ann & Mike’s Main Street Tavern, 3408 East Main St.
- Beechcroft Newsstand, 1935 E. Dublin Granville Road
- R&M Carryout, 3477 E. Main St.
- Sally’s Market, 740 Sullivant Ave.
- Billy Goat Tavern, 5940 New Albany Road
- Lena’s Market, 2305 W. Broad St.
- Little Giant, 1040 E. Whittier St.
- Linden Marathon, 1326 Oakland Park
- Pit Stop Lounge, 900 Oakland Park
- Schrock Tavern, 1455 Schrock Road
- C-1, 3245 E Broad St.
- Chambers Lounge, 1348 Parsons Ave.
- Triple L Lounge, 1230 Parsons Ave.
- Chips N Go, 1020 E. Broad St.
- Shawn’s Market, 3309 E. Main St.
- Convenient Plus Food Mart, 5435 E. Livingston Ave.
- Smoke Outlet, 1635 Parsons Ave.
- Evolution, 5610 Hall Road
- G&W Market, 1827 S. 5th St.
- Sportsmen’s Billiard Club, 3965 Sullivant Ave.
- Valero, 1536 W. Broad St.
- Eureka Market, 192 S. Eureka Ave.
- Parsons Market, 1650 Parsons Ave.
- Papa Joes Pizza Pub & Patio, 6784 Refugee Road
BROUGHT TO YOU BY