The Downtown Commission passed an expansion/modernization plan for the Greater Columbus Convention Center that will come out to $125 million. The GCCC’s 1.7 million square-feet will undergo renovations to the original complex and updates/modernization to make the convention center better for attendees. Construction for the project is expected to start in July 2017.
GCCC expansion plan will see:
- Exhibition Hall off Goodale St. (36,000 sq.ft, $30M)
- 2 levels of meeting space (10,ooo sq.ft)
- Revamped entrances at Goodale and N High St.
- 2-level glass cube covering the currently open area
- 2-story interior welcome space (5,000 sq.ft)
- Skywalk connecting GCCC with Goodale St. (800 space) parking garage
BROUGHT TO YOU BY