Mayor Coleman gave his 16th, final, and emotional State of the City Address last night. And if you attended or watched it live, there were some wonderful and aspiring moments. So we thought we’d pull together a little recap of the highlights:
He’s still in office for 10 months. What’s he gonna be up to?
- Scioto Greenways
- Jobs Expansion and Transportation (JET) Task Force
- Direct flights to Bay Area and Boston
- Housing Works
- Micro-living apartments along Long St.
- Rogue Fitness HQ moving to former Timken Co. site
- (Bringing more) Film to Columbus
- World/Sister Cities
- Announced Columbus’ 10th Sister City: Accra, Ghana
- Maintaining the city’s good fiscal condition
- AAA Credit Rating
And while it’s still unknown what Coleman is going to be doing after his term is over, he did offer up one insight: “I’m gonna get an earring and a tattoo.” …Hmmm….(deb)
Previously Feb. 19, 2015
Mayor Coleman will give his 16th (and final) State of the City address tonight at the Palace Theatre, 6PM. According to the Columbus Dispatch, most of the event will be a Q&A session with Angela Pace (formerly of 10TV).
And ICYMI – Coleman will also be answering questions from social media. All this week, he’s encouraged Cbusers to tweet their questions using