Hustle continues on Scioto Peninsula, Vets Memorial
Update 08/28/2017- With less than a year until the grand opening, The National Veterans Memorial & Museum is really shaping up. The Dispatch reports that a 325-foot memorial Wall and water elements are complete. By September, interior work is expected to begin on this project of the Scioto Peninsula.
02/10/2017- The Columbus Downtown Development Corporation (CDDC) is has announced an “unparalleled development opportunity” in the heart of Ohio’s capital city.
“With stunning views of the downtown Columbus skyline and just steps away from the transformed Scioto River, this 21-acre site on the Scioto Peninsula is poised to be the region’s next great neighborhood.” The CDDC wrote in their press release.
CDDC and its public-private partners are investing more than $220 million to revitalize 79 acres in and around the Scioto Peninsula in “an activated and engaged cultural and parkland district.”
A future mixed-use neighborhood will be the capstone of this Peninsula.
Nearby amenities and attractions include:
- The Scioto Mile – an award-winning riverfront park featuring a state-of-the art interactive fountain and eye-catching band shell.
- Scioto Greenways – 33 acres of new greenspace reclaimed along 1 mile of the Scioto River, complete with 1.5 miles of multi-use paths and 4 kayak and canoe launches.
- The National Veterans Memorial & Museum (Opening Summer 2018) – A 53,000-square-foot national institution dedicated to telling the individual stories and shared experiences of veterans throughout history.
- American Museum of Natural History Galleries (Opening November 2017) – A permanent dinosaur gallery and temporary exhibition gallery, occupying 22,000 square feet in Columbus’ nationally-acclaimed Center of Science and Industry (COSI).
- Scioto Peninsula Park and Garage (Opening November 2017) – A new 6.5-acre park and 600-space underground parking garage.
With the construction of civic amenities well underway, CDDC is seeking master developer for the next phase of peninsula’s evolution, including residential, office, hotel and retail uses.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY