Why buy that lack-luster jar when you can make your own using things you already have on hand? Here’s the base for delicious gravy you can drizzle over your turkey, pool on top of your mashed potato mountain, and sop up with that warm, buttery roll.
Start with this simple recipe, and get creative to make it your own with the addition of salt, pepper, or spices to taste.
- Pour your turkey drippings into a large measuring cup, let it cool.
- Spoon off all that congealed fat from the top – takes like 15 seconds.
- Throw in like 2-3 cups of chicken or turkey stock
- In your turkey pan, throw in some butter and cook it on medium/high heat, scrape off those little burnt chunks and mix it with that butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of flour to make a roux — whisk it while it cooks to form a dark brown color.
- Add your stock/dripping mixture and whisk it all up.
- Boil it while stirring, reduce once boiling to medium and stir.
- Done! Congrats — you just made gravy.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY