As Ohio continues to deal with the physical and economic toll of the coronavirus, we decided to shine a spotlight on the ‘helpers’. These are your friends, neighbors and fellow citizens who have stepped up to contribute in their own ways.
The cover, design and features were inspired by the well-known Mr. Rogers quote… “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
If you have any stories of helpers you would like to share, let us know here.
Here’s what’s inside:
- Six Pack: Fresh May suds from hometown brewers
- Julialynn Walker helps community blossom through gardening
- Yellowbird Foodshed offers alternative to grocery shopping
- The Saviors: the nurse, the doctor, the mask makers
- The Innovators: feeding those in need, sanitizing shift
- The Educators: from college to K-12
- The Helpers: keeping the music alive, keeping pantries full
- The Fighters: mobile kitchens to staying on the air with CD102.5
- Self care while stuck at home
- Social Distance Cinema
- Giving thanks: letters from our readers
During the month of May, find a copy near you at select grocery stores and carryout locations: Click here for the distribution map.
Looking for a physical copy? Check out our snazzy map