Washington Township fire investigators have determined an improperly discarded cigarette was to blame for a rooftop fire that occurred the evening of July 26 in Bridge Park.
The fire was reported at 8:16 that evening at 6632 Longshore St., the site of Urban Meyer’s Pint House as well as 40 apartments.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
According to the release, investigators found the fire originated in a trash can on the sixth floor rooftop patio from a discarded cigarette.
As a result of the fire, the building sustained smoke and water damage, said Township Communications Manager Melanie Amato. The building was closed the following day.
If you like this, read: Cameron Mitchell Restaurants to bring Italian eatery to Bridge Park